The Perfect Pointe Book

Hi Guys! This is the official blog for my fantastic new ballet book, "The Perfect Pointe Book"! The book is designed too teach you how to get strong enough for pointe work. It has tests to see where you are at, and exercises to help you get stronger in all the right places! Feel free to post any questions or comments you have, and update me on your progress!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Pointe


What is the best age to start en pointe?

So many people ask me this question that I thought it was more than time I did a video explaining when the best time is.


Tips On How To Prevent Blisters

I have had so many people asking about how to prevent blisters so I thought I would make a video to show you three of the major causes and how to prevent blisters from occurring.


How To Tell When Your Pointe Shoes Are Dead

I have so many girls asking me how to know when their pointe shoes are 'dead' so I have created this video to help you know when your your pointe shoes are past their used by date!

Padding For Pointe Shoes
Lots of girls have been asking me how much padding they should use, and what to use, so I made a little video to show you what I recommend! Usually your teacher will have lots of tricks to help you out so ask her her what she recommends.


How To Tie The Ribbons On Your Pointe Shoes

I have had lots of people asking me how to correctly tie the ribbons on their pointe shoes, so I have created this video to show you one of the many ways the ribbons can be tied. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

How To Fit Pointe Shoes
Ever wondered why some girls look like their shoes were made for them? It is all in knowing what to look for whern you fit your shoes. Follow this video to get a great pair next time!

How To Sew
The Ribbons Onto Your Pointe Shoes

One of the most common questions I get asked is: "How do I sew the ribbons onto my pointe shoes?". This video is a quick guide to get your ribbons in the perfect spot every time!


Breaking In Pointe Shoes

I frequently see badly broken in shoes so I thought I would create this video to show you the way I like to break in pointe shoes. I have found this method to be extremely successful and you will find it also prolongs the life of the shoe!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks so much for these great videos! I watched almost all of them and they really helped me out! I think I'm going to get a copy of "The Perfect Pointe Book" It looks really great!

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think that it is really great that you mad this blog- I really enjoyed them!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home