The Perfect Pointe Book

Hi Guys! This is the official blog for my fantastic new ballet book, "The Perfect Pointe Book"! The book is designed too teach you how to get strong enough for pointe work. It has tests to see where you are at, and exercises to help you get stronger in all the right places! Feel free to post any questions or comments you have, and update me on your progress!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Finally....! A dance Medicine Center in LA!


Trading lab coats for leotards: Doctors try new treatment - Daily Trojan Online

While we have a great relationship between Physical Therapists, Dance teachers and the Othopods here in Sydney, fromn what I hear, there is not that much of that in the USA... Thought this might be of interest to those of you around LA :)


Trading lab coats for leotards: Doctors try new treatment
Daily Trojan Online, CA - 26 Mar 2007
At the same time, Pfeffer said he had a lifelong interest in dance injuries and chose his orthopedic profession in a field where he could help these special ...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Which toe pads would you sugest ,the gel pads or cotton and why?

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Lendiel said…

    I started pre pointe this summer, and my ankles (especially my left ankle) aren't as strong as I would like them to be. Do you have any exercises that could strengthen my ankles?

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey!
    I'm 17 years old and I already do ballet 11 years (4years pointe work). It's going pretty well but I find it hard to do a pirouette on point..Do you have any tips? I have one other problem: My left leg is way less souple than my right... Any tips to fix that?

    (sorry for my English, I come from Belgium)
    Thanks !

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger Capobest said…

    Hi, sorry form my english, it isn't perfect.
    But first I'm a man and I want to learn the point work for do a move of Michael Jackson, my favorite artist (and my only teacher, i learn dance with his live videos).
    In the live show he doing the point for few seconds. I have try to put down my finger of the foot but they doesn't go down a lot. Where I can send a photo?

    thanks

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Capobest said…

    this is the example http://cdn.last.fm/coverart/300x300/2026052-693927540.jpg

    see you later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home